Most homeowners decide to replace their roof after they notice a leak in the ceiling. This leak could be caused by many different roofing problems. Replacing your roof is one the greatest investment that one can make. This is because a roof provides you with a warm, cozy and a leak-free home. Therefore, you should ensure that you carry out a thorough inspection of your roof regularly. Detecting the problem earlier is vital for replacement. A roof that requires replacement will show multiple signs that you should take into consideration.
Here is a list of signs that shows your roof need replacement:
• Signs of water damage or leaking. Water damage can exist along the walls, on the ceiling or in the installation of your attic. Water leaking into your house can cause lot damage to your properties as well making you uncomfortable. You should make sure that you do either visual or manual inspection of your roof so that you will detect any problem caused by water leakage. If you notice any wetness during your inspection, then it is high time that you contact a professional roofer.
• If the roof deck is sagging. If you notice your roof deck sagging, then that is a sign that your roof is not working well. Sagging of the roof deck is caused by long term water damage of your home. If you happen to see your roof deck sagging, then ensure that you call a roofer for roof replacement.
• Dark spot or discoloration. Long-term water leakage can cause dark staining or discoloration on the inside of your attic. This stain can make your home to appear less attractive. It is necessary that you contact an expert as long-term water leaks can lead to serious problem costing you a lot of money. As such, it is necessary that you solve this issue as soon as possible.
• Torn, crack or missing shingles. The condition of your shingles can tell you more about the status of your roof. In most times your roof can have missing shingles due to harsh weather in which the winds have pulled several shingles. Also, curled shingles can indicate that the shingles have reached expiry date and required replacement. If you notice that the shingles are torn or missing, it is advisable that you seek help from a professional roofer.
• Shingle granules in the gutter. Check your gutter and see whether it has a lot of shingle granules. If the roof has stayed for many years, then it tends to lose more granules. Excessive granules in the gutter are a sign that the roof is wearing out and require replacement.
• Outside light showing through the roof. Inspect the roof to see whether the right is coming through the ceiling boards. If you see any amount of light on the ceiling board, then you can be assured that your roof needs to be replaced.
• Signs of mold, moisture or rot. This might include soft spots in the ceiling or discoloration on the damaged or missing shingles. Make sure that you take care when inspecting a roof that contains mold or rot. The ‘green’ found on the missing shingle can be soft and slippery and can make you fall down if you are not careful. If you happen to see such signs, it is important that you contact a roofer to install a new roof.